AV600 Poweline extender refuses to factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-28 18:10:07
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have four of these adaptors and they are excellent - when they work. Three are here at home and one was down at my duaghters house. Then my son-in-law began to have trouble, so I've taken it home to examine it.

I have experience in resetting this model, both from the web-based site and by using a sharp needle in the factory reset hole underneath. I can only try the second method as for some reason none of my laptops will connect with the extender. To all extent and purposes it seem to be functining, wiht all the light flashing.

That's when I try and factory reset, but the exender goes through the routine, but whether it is reset or not I really don't know because I can't connets (see above). On this community site I read about the 30/30/30 method of resetting, and have tried that but to no avail.

Can anyone, whether a customer or TP-Link technical staff help me, please.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 Poweline extender refuses to factory reset
2021-07-02 09:19:11

@pfgpowell1 Hello, 

If all the Leds/ most Leds flash once, that means factory reset was done successfully. 

After factory reset , wireless unit will have '  TP-LINK  XXX'  default SSID and the password is the 8 digit default wifi password on the back. 

If laptop could not connect to default SSID, you could delete profile on laptop and reconnect to WiFi, or use a mobile phone to connect to TPLINK wifi. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3634

Replies: 1