One Mesh Extender RE505X Can't connect to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 00:41:00 - last edited 2022-04-05 14:37:57
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I have purchase RE550X and would form onemesh network for my home.  The RE505X is able to connect to my AX6000 router and indicated onemesh setup.  However, I can't connect to the internet vis RE505X.

Please advise whether it is a setting issue.  Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:One Mesh Extender RE505X Can't connect to Internet
2021-07-02 07:05:49 - last edited 2022-04-05 14:37:57

@thomasor  Good day,

May I know how about the Led status on Range extender after you set up the extender? 

If only power led lights up after you set up RE, please try suggestions here: 

1>Please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your Wi-Fi network on cell phone first :  
Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

2> factory reset tp-link range extender : press the reset hole for 10 secs with RE powered on
On cell phone WIFI settings, connect to Range extender WiFi first ( do not connect to router wifi or and turn off mobile data)
3> follow instructions on Tether app or Web page step by step  ( carefully examine the Wi-Fi password you have put in, and it is recommended to create a different SSID/WiFi name for RE )

How to log into the web management page of the range extender (new logo)?
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1398/

If the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz wifi Leds light up on RE505X,  may I know what is the Error when you phone or laptop try to connect to RE's wifi? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 682

Replies: 1

Related Articles