Adapter Crashing My USB Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 11:05:43
Model: TL-WN821N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

hi! i bought my tp link wifi adapter something like 1 year ago and i have been having this issue for all this time. when downloading big files (+15gb, usually games) ONLY on my external hard disk every usb port on my pc just crash, and i have to restart the pc. when downloading stuff on my nvme internal ssd nothing bad happens, but if i download the stuff on my external hard disk then it crashes. this do not always happen. what can i do? i have an i5 9400f, gtx 1660, TL-WN821N v6 , seagate 1.5tb external hard disk.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adapter Crashing My USB Ports
2021-07-07 03:41:48

@DottoArts  Hello, 

If you disable TL-WN821N v6  and use the built-in adapter to download file to the external hard disk, is there any problem? 

Please try a different external hard disk to help exclude the problem.  Please help collect the dump file if the issue only happens when use tp-link wireless adapter: Thank you

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1080/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 1

Related Articles