Archer AX90: Connecting WAN 2.5Gbps to DLS Modem 10 Gbps port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 13:04:57
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210312 rel.62806(4555)

Hello,

My home DSL modem has four 1 Gbps Ethernet ports + one 10Gbps Ethernet port.  

When I set up my AX90, I connected its 2.5Gbps WAN port with the 10Gbps Ethernet port of my home DSL.  The AX90 was able to set up and do a firmware upgrade.  So far so good.

But once set up, there is no internet coming through when connected to the 10Gbps port of my DSL modem.  Internet only comes through when I plug the AX90 2.5 Gbps port to one of the four 1 Gbps ports of my DLS modem.

It's strange that the AX90 was able to do download the firmware upgrade through the 10Gbps port of my home router, but is unable to share internet from the same port.

Is there a way to make that work?  This way I would have 2.5Gps internet in my AX90, instead of just 1 Gbps when I plug it into a normal Ethernet port of my DSL modem.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX90: Connecting WAN 2.5Gbps to DLS Modem 10 Gbps port
2021-07-06 03:39:47

@StanStar7 

When you connect the DSL modem to the 2.5Gbps port, please check it is acting as the Internet port as per the web GUI:

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 718

Replies: 1

Related Articles