Are there ANY access points with changeable Name/MAC/IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-03 18:41:24 - last edited 2021-09-13 03:05:43

Hi,

Sorry, if the title might be a little confusing at first, please let me explain:

The network I'd like to create a WIFI access point to does not allow every device that's plugged into the Ethernet jack. The network has a list of "whitelisted" devices, which are identified by Mac AdressDevice name and the IP-Adress they assign to themselves. So in order for an access point to function, it'd need to have those three things customizable.

Are there any TP-Link Access point (like) devices on which I can customize these? Ideally for me would be the TL-MR3020, though really, pretty much anything would do. (Battery or support for 3/4G USB modems would be great, though.)

Thanks a lot! - Emil

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Are there ANY access points with changeable Name/MAC/IP?-Solution
2021-07-12 07:14:22 - last edited 2021-09-13 03:05:43

@Emilius123 Hello, 

Most Tp-link routers allows users to reserve certain IP addresses to clients (laptop /PC/ phone etc.) and some routers allows to customize the Device Name, but the MAC address is the identity of client itself and could not be modified on our routers.

For MR3020,it could  reserve the IP address for clients but not the Device name or IP. 

If modifying MAC address is necessary,  you may need to look for products of another made. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Are there ANY access points with changeable Name/MAC/IP?-Solution
2021-07-12 07:14:22 - last edited 2021-09-13 03:05:43

@Emilius123 Hello, 

Most Tp-link routers allows users to reserve certain IP addresses to clients (laptop /PC/ phone etc.) and some routers allows to customize the Device Name, but the MAC address is the identity of client itself and could not be modified on our routers.

For MR3020,it could  reserve the IP address for clients but not the Device name or IP. 

If modifying MAC address is necessary,  you may need to look for products of another made. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 624

Replies: -1