5ghz wifi performance issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-10 15:01:02
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200908 rel.69273(5553)

Hello, I am having performance problems with the Archer AX73 wifi router, which is not reaching the real value of the internet contracted with the provider on the 5ghz WiFi network. I performed the test with only 1 device connected to the router and being 2 meters away from the router. Using the network cable, I had a satisfactory result, which presented an internet speed of 510mb, and I have contracted with the 500mb provider for optical fiber. Everything is ok, but when performing the test using the 5ghz network, the result is disappointing, with a value of 260mb to 310mb. I've performed the test on several different devices, and from different manufacturers (cell phones and Xbox one x), and the result is always the same, being below the contracted plan. I've already tried disabling some options on the wi-fi, such as leaving only in AC mode, taking out simultaneous AX (since I don't have devices in this new standard), changing automatic to fixed channels, changing the transmission power, or even disabling the additional options of wi-fi (network congestion, among others) and the problem always remains. Then I came to the conclusion that the problem may be with the router, requiring some firmware update to fix the problem. I also inform that the router disconnects from the WAN at random, I use the PPPoE protocol, and I always notice a connection failure for about 2 to 5 minutes, usually the case occurs once a week.

Options
2 Reply
Re:5ghz wifi performance issues
2021-07-12 06:31:04

@Hildimar 

Regarding the internet disconnect issue, may I know who is your ISP, and have you confirmed if the modem has a stable connection by connecting a computer to the ISP modem with an Ethernet cable? This needs to be confirmed, as we found some cases that the modem or internet line was whom to be blamed of, you can see some cases here and here.

As per the 5G speed issue, may I know what is the link speed on the phone or Xbox one x first? Be sure the link speed is as good as expected, then we can have a good speed when testing. You can try to change the channel width for the 5GHz to 80MHz, change to a clear channel, then reboot the router and reconnect to the network to confirm.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:5ghz wifi performance issues
2021-07-12 19:34:51

@Kevin_Z Hi, regarding the ISP, there is no connection problem, unfortunately it might be a non-apparent problem with the router. Regarding the connection speed of the smartphone, I believe this is not the problem either, it has support for speeds of up to 600mbps in the AC standard, according to the manufacturer. The xbox one x I'm not sure what the speed is, but I don't think this is the problem either, before this Archer ax73 router, it had an Asus RT-AC68U router, and through the console it reached speeds of 750mbps in the AC standard. Finally, I performed the procedure you suggested by changing the channel to 80mhz, and unfortunately it's still low speed on 5ghz wifi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 852

Replies: 2

Related Articles