VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working

VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working

197 Reply
Re:VPN Client is not working
2023-06-19 04:12:31

tp-link support helped me. CyberGhost's OpenVPN didn't work. Removing "ncp-disable" line from the config file helped.

Options
2023-07-05 21:14:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, 

My brother has a AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router and he configured the VPN Server with PPTP

I can access his VPN Server from Windows PC and from Android tablet without any problem

I have a AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router and I configured the Client VPN to acces my brother's VPN and I added 2 devices to use the VPN connection

When I enable VPN access for Dani-PC, I can't access webpages anymore from my PC.

If I try to ping by names, I cannot resolve the IP address

If I know the IP address the ping respond fine.

I suspect this is a DNS issue but I don't know how to solve it.

I added to my Network Adapter IPv4 Internet Protocol alternate DNS 10.0.0.10 and 8.8.8.8

I also added 192.168.1.1 as DNS but none of this attempts solve the issue.

When I enable VPN Access to a device, that device cannot access the internet anymore. When I disable VPN Access, everything works fine.

The firmware is up to date

Can you assist me please?

Options
2023-07-06 05:38:46

@Kitaro 

Hi, to assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
Re:VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working
2023-11-08 11:12:24 - last edited 2023-11-08 11:15:09

@Sunshine 

I am trying to connect the Archer AX55 with Nord VPN, the firmware is up to date, upload of the ovpn file went well (its a 3kb file), but the status of the VPN in the TP Link webpage settings is all the time in Connecting and never gets connected

I triple checked the password, username, does not work

Any ideas

Options
2023-11-08 12:01:43

@Nick_1978 

Hi, if you use OpenVPN Connect software on your client device directly and use the same username and password along with the same .ovpn file, does it connect the NordVPN successfully?

Please note that the username and password you should use on the router or OpenVPN Connect software is different from that used on NordVPN App, the NordVPN App requires your account ID and password which is different from your username and password.

Options
2023-11-08 12:11:55

@Sunshine thanks

I do not have Open VPN Connect software (maybe I should ?)

I have Nord VPN subscription, I have a TP Link AX55 router, followed the instructions from both TP Link (and Nord VPN) . I used the OpenVPN type from the Dropdown menu, entered my NordVPN pass and username (altthough it states optional)....

Uploaded the ovpn fron Nord VPN

Let me know if that makes sense

Options
2023-11-09 06:16:42

@Nick_1978 

Nick_1978 wrote

@Sunshine thanks

I do not have Open VPN Connect software (maybe I should ?)

I have Nord VPN subscription, I have a TP Link AX55 router, followed the instructions from both TP Link (and Nord VPN) . I used the OpenVPN type from the Dropdown menu, entered my NordVPN pass and username (altthough it states optional)....

Uploaded the ovpn fron Nord VPN

Let me know if that makes sense

Hi, please install OpenVPN Connect on your client device to test if the same username and password along with the .ovpn file works or not, which is quite important.

Options
2023-11-09 06:19:07

Hi, I can connect to the VPN server but the devices I add connect normally, as if there's no VPN set up.

I've tried disabling wifi on the devices and re-enabling but same thing.

Options
2023-11-09 06:24:11

@tw33k 

Hi, may I know how you confirm the VPN is not working on the devices?

Options
2023-11-09 06:31:03 - last edited 2023-11-09 19:37:10

@Sunshine because the IP address on the connected devices is my regular public IP not the IP of the VPN server. Also, i can't access things i would be able to if connected through a VPN

UPDATE: I found beta firmware for my router (Archer AX55 v1.0) and now the VPN is working.

Options