Forced Account Signup + No option to Disable DHCP Server = Hard Pass

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-17 00:10:32
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Note for product team, returning my X20's. 

Having to "register" an account to use the device and the app to configure it is a farce, but I stomached that. Secondly being unable to disable DHCP seems to be an open issue... but not resolved?

How can I trust a company and device that asks for information, yet doesn't seem to have resrouces to implement a "feature" to turn DHCP server off?
No, AP mode is not a solution. I was willing to give some concessions on configuration understanding that resrouces were focused on making it seemless for the everyday user. But being unable to disable the DHCP server was not something I expected.

They are prettty, so there is that.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Forced Account Signup + No option to Disable DHCP Server = Hard Pass
2021-07-19 11:48:10

@BobDaNetBldr 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Registering an email account Is necessary for the cloud management of Deco so that you could remotely monitor the home network all the time;

As for the DHCP on/off option under wireless router mode, if it was disabled by mistake, some important features would not work properly.

So we have reported to the senior engineers already and they would have a full assessment of it;

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 214

Replies: 1

Related Articles