Playstation Knocks off Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-18 16:13:27 - last edited 2021-07-18 16:58:33
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3 Build 20190326 Rel.43406

I have a 4220 kit with one side connected to my router downstairs and the extender upstairs. The wifi works fine from the adapter upstairs using my Mac. However, attempting to connect my PS4 disconnects the PowerLine and causes only the top light to be lit. If I disconnect the Playstation from the network everything is fine again, and the second I try to connect it, using either WiFi or Ethernet cable, it disconnects. 

I have no idea what the issue could be

EDIT: Some additional information I just realised - running a speed test also disconnects the PowerLine adapter. If I go to speedtest.net and run a test it the 4th light will turn off and the internet connection will be lost. It will come back on after a minute

Options
3 Reply
Re:Playstation Knocks off Powerline
2021-07-19 06:50:32

@HarryBelafonte  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information, you could try some suggestion here: 

• Please turn off Power-saving mode on powerline devices:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2018/

• Put powerline units into the same room , and connect PS4 to it by Ethernet or WiFI and check if still the same issue? 
  • Try different wall sockets for powerline units, and make sure they are away from home appliances.
  • Connect PS4 directly to router first and confirm PS4could work stable with router

Do you mean connecting PS4 to powerline unit by Ethernet cable or wifi, the powerline extender will only leave the top powerline Led? 

When did you buy the powerline KIT and when did the issue start? What is the model of your router, and may I know your network topology, thank you. 

Options
2021-07-22 09:04:56

@Solla-topee 

The playstation will not work in any room connected to the Powerline adapter. The powerline extender stopped working altogether and could not be found when searching for available wi-fi. I factory reset the adapter using the reset hole with a pin. It will now not pair to the main powerline in any room or any socket. It makes a high pitched screeching sound and the top power light flashes on and off. Every second flash the ethernet and wi-fi lights also flash but nothing else happens. The adapter is not paired. On the main adapter connected to the router, the middle (powerline) light is blank. 

I have had the adapter for 2 years. From looking at forums it seeme like these adapter do not last long. Everyoner seems to have similar issues to me after a short amount of time. I certainly will not be purchasing anything with the name TP-Link again

Options
2021-07-22 11:55:32

@HarryBelafonte 

Thank you for sharing the details, the wireless unit should be defective from your description, if device is 2 year old, it is recommended to contact local retailer or local support to check device warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 781

Replies: 3

Related Articles