What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

73 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet
2022-02-16 06:27:52 - last edited 2022-02-16 06:56:20

@Kevin_Z  please check why my router Archer C60 model disconnets from internet for 5 to 10 min. Frequently

Options
2022-02-16 06:56:55

Nirmal2 wrote

@Kevin_Z  please check why my router Archer C60 model disconnets from internet for 5 to 10 min. Frequently

Hello @Nirmal2, have you gone through all the troubleshooting suggestions we provided in my original post? Be sure the ISP modem connection is stable. Who is your ISP, and what is the model of the modem?

Please send us the system log on the router if the modem has been confirmed to work stably, we will check.

Options
Re:Router Disconnects from Internet
2022-02-16 08:14:47

@Kevin_Z Hi, thank you for replying :) Well, heating stove module shows that it's connected to wifi network but no internet connection and there is no module on clients list after logging to ax20 website (or thether app). The only way to reconnect is to unplug module from power. 

Main wifi network I have secured with WPA2/WPA3 Personal and Guest network I have secured with WPA/WPA2 Personal. 

When it's okay the stove module is visible on clients list.

WiFi and Guest network settings (it's in Polish so I hope there's no problem :))

Options
2022-02-16 09:25:49

Hello @MiloszPL, thank you very much for getting back with the screenshots.

It seems you are only enabling the 2.4GHz main and guest networks on the router, but leave the 5GHz network disabled. I would suggest you disable the Smart Connect feature on the router since there is no requirement for it in your network, then you may monitor the connectivity again.

After disabling the Smart Connect feature, please then choose a channel manually for the 2.4GHz network, you may choose 1/6/11, then reboot the router and reconnect the stove to the guest network to confirm. 

Options
2022-02-16 10:07:31

@Kevin_Z   yes i followed all the troubleshooting suggestions .

My ISP is RailTel and modem model is SY-GPON-1000R2-DONT .

SYSTEM LOG:-

Please check

Options
2022-02-16 10:25:20

@Kevin_Z But Smart Connect option I have active only for main WiFi network while Guest network I have only 2,4GHz active. Stove module works only on 2,4GHz. 

Options
2022-02-17 07:37:43

Hello @Nirmal2, actually the system log you posted doesn't display the internet disconnect issue. Please confirm again if you have a stable connection when connecting a computer to the SY-GPON-1000R2-DON’T modem directly, please monitor for some time, be sure that the internet connection from RailTel is stable.

As suggested also, please try a new cat 6 or cat 5e cable between the modem and the C60, just be sure the physical connection between them is good.

Options
2022-02-17 07:43:48

MiloszPL wrote

@Kevin_Z But Smart Connect option I have active only for main WiFi network while Guest network I have only 2,4GHz active. Stove module works only on 2,4GHz. 

@MiloszPL  Yes, I understand that the stove is connecting to the guest network, we just want to see if a different channel for the main 2.4GHz network will do something to the guest. 

BTW, do you have any other devices that connect to the guest 2.4G network, are they still connecting to the internet fine? Please confirm if you can connect other devices to the 2.4G guest network, just to be sure there is internet access for the guest network. 

Options
2022-02-17 11:13:49 - last edited 2022-02-17 11:14:42

Okay will try. Thank you

Options
2022-02-17 11:51:37

@Kevin_Z Okay, I understand. I try implement your suggestion. I tried to connect another device to guest network. That was old smartphone and it worked fine. It looks like after last fw update router drops internet connection when connected device is often in standby mode. Stove module doesn't sent much data. But it is only my suppose.

Options