Wifi Adapter Archer T1U periodic lag spikes every few seconds.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 03:25:13 - last edited 2021-07-22 03:27:29
Model: Archer T1U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Says drivers are up to date. Windows 10.

Basically, I get 40-50ms ping usually everywhere else, except my wifi adapter will have random periods for hours on end of ping spiking to 300-15,000 every few seconds and sometimes straight disconnecting. Happens in the middle of the night too when no one else is using internet. My phones connection to the same wifi will still be working fine during this time, even when placed right beside the adapter. Reconnecting or restarting computer only helps it for a few minutes, then its back at it again.

Sucks when gaming. I get 3 seconds fine, 3 seconds lag, 3 second fine, 3 seconds lag. The timing isn't consistent either, it fluctuates. I get these lag spike episodes more often than not, very few times have I had a mostly solid experience for a few hours.

At first I thought it might be over heating, as it gets really hot sometimes, but just now I just started my computer for the first time today and it's instantly having the same problem, not hot at all.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi Adapter Archer T1U periodic lag spikes every few seconds.
2021-07-23 02:06:51 - last edited 2021-07-23 07:41:22

@Fleegsta Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed post, may I know do currently installed the latest official driver? 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t1u/v1/

It is recommended to change a different Wi-Fi channel on router and you could download WiFi analyzer app or software and select a relatively clean 5Ghz channel. 

Can help confirm some details here for the ping spike issue: 
1. When the ping spikes appeared, what are your network activities, for example playing online games, video streaming or P2P downloading, etc? Is there any certain game or network activity that will cause the issue? 
2. How about the other wireless adapters, does other pc or laptop work fine with the same Wi-Fi?
3. Please check the motherboard of your computer and share a photo with us: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

When did you buy this adapter and did the adapter work fine before? May I know the model of main router? 

Options
2021-07-26 20:13:47 - last edited 2021-07-26 20:18:41

@Solla-topee 

1. There's no clear cause. I've tried closing everything and it still happens. Tried different browsers too.

2. Yes, like I said my phone works fine, and so does my laptop.
3. My motherboard is b450 tomahawk. I installed the latest driver for the adapter, it says version 5.1.34.0.

I bought the adapter about 3 years ago. Not 100% sure if it worked fine before, I just always assumed any issues was because of a weak signal, but I have a much better set up now with a 4 bar signal strength. I don't remember it behaving like this, where it's mostly good and then spikes every few seconds.

Options
2021-07-28 12:02:00 - last edited 2021-07-28 12:04:01

@Fleegsta  Hello, 

Also make sure you have selected the less crowded Wi-Fi channel on router. 

May I know the model of your router as well? Did you recently change any wireless settings or update firmware for router or update Windows? 

If you have no updated Windows nor change settings on router, it could be some issue with adapter and you could consider a new wireless adapter. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1417

Replies: 3