To link mr100 manual band selection not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 12:55:06
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest as of July 15

Purchased the device in late June. Upgraded to latest version as recommended by the UI. 

I am using the router with gio SIM. And facing disconnection or very poor bandwidth issues. After reading other posts of band locking I upgraded to latest available version. When I try to manually select the bands from list of available bands from provider it fails with error. I tried selecting various combinations of bands none worked.

Questions I have are:

1. How is the band locking supposed to be used?

2. Why is automatic selection not working ? 

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:To link mr100 manual band selection not working
2021-07-27 11:14:40

@SatishG 

Hi,

Without the band locking, MR100 would automatically pick up the best band he thought.

With the band locking, if you knew which band is best for the SIM card carrier, so you could force MR100 to work on this band;

(So you could see that the band you locked needs to be supported by the carrier as well.)

It is still a little early to say MR100 chose the wrong band, and please run the following test:

1. insert the SIM card into the smartphone and check the current band it used;

2. please also check whether there is any instability or slow speed issue;

Options
Re:To link mr100 manual band selection not working
2021-08-02 12:59:37

@TP-Link 

I used the Rx Monitor app from app store  on my mobile (it has a jio SIM) and found that in 5-6 minutes the device(phone) went through all bands 3,5,40. Looking for best possible band?

Jio uses bands 3,5,40 according to various responses on social media. Rx Monitor app says carrier jio is not using carrier agreegation.

Whenever I tried to set the band manually on the router the popup window always showed band 3 selected. 

Is it that the router software is not able to switch the band similar to my mobile phone was doing in search of best band? And always stuck on band 3,?

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 749

Replies: 2

Related Articles