Cannot see AV600 PLC in Utility - yet they are working as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-28 16:45:43
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1.2141-00_401092_160622_902

I have factory reset all Powerline Adapters and am trying to rebuild an extended network. I have succesfully paired the smaller adapter with the larger. I have also cloned the Wi-Fi on the larger adapter. 

When a network cable is plugged between either adapter and my laptop, both units appear in the TP-PLC Utility. However if I remove the cable, they disappear. 

If I plug the laptop into the adapter furthest away and switch off the Wi-Fi adapter of the laptop, I am connected to the internet. 

I have recently changed my router from the Sky Q Hub (with 2 Ethernet ports) to the newer version with 5 Ethernet ports. With last router, I was able to run the TP-PLC Utility and wirelessly connect to all PLC's on the network. However, this does not work on the new router. 

I have tried disabling the Firewall on both the Router and the Laptop - it makes no difference. 

I have tried chaning the Ethernet option from Gigabit to Fast Ethernet on the Sky router - this wqas suggested as a fix. The PLC's showed briefly for about 15 seconds then disappeared again. I have reveresed and repeated this process a couple of times, with the PLC's not shwoing at all now.

I would appreciate any suggestions to how I can view (and maintain settings) using the TP-PLC Utilty without having to plug a cable directly into an adapter and the laptop. 

Cheers, M 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot see AV600 PLC in Utility - yet they are working as expected
2021-08-03 06:38:48

@munchonko  Hello, 

Here is beta tpPLC Utility for Windows and please let us know if this Beta works for you
https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210122/PowerLineUtility_beta.zip

This Utility will be released soon on our website. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 1