TPLink AV600, powerline connected (intermittently) but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-29 19:07:21
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.20-00_422015_200108_901

We use the TP-Link Powerline system for wifi and gaming in an outbuilding which is on the same electrical circuit as the main house.The system worked perfectly after initial set up 2 weeks ago. But then it started falling over and a DNS error came up on the connected Xbox.

I have reset many times without success, including doing full factory reset for both adaptors. All LED lights light up solidly on Adaptor A and Adaptor B, but there is is no internet connection. Then the Powerline LED will go on and off every 30 seconds or so.

When I do the reset and pair the two adaptors, I cannot see to pair direct with the router SSID to make a seamless connection.

As I'm not savy with tech, it is very frustrating. Any ideas?

Options
5 Reply
Re:TPLink AV600, powerline connected (intermittently) but no internet
2021-08-02 12:24:06

@GuyP Hello,
I have been using a PA4025P box and a WPA4220 router for a while. So far everything has been working fine but for a while I have been able to connect but no longer have internet access. However, the two boxes are paired (as in the photos), the Internet works well at home and the Ethernet ports too (I tried them by connecting a computer to them). I have tried resetting and re-pairing several times but without success. 

When i do ipconfig in the cmd when I'm connected to my main router :

When i do ipconfig in the cmd when I'm connected to my TP-Link :

Can anyone help me ?

Options
2021-08-03 10:35:44 - last edited 2021-08-03 10:38:25

@BipBip  Hello, 

1) It is possible that cable going into PA4025P the main powerline unit lost Internet right now,   can you wire a computer directly to that wall cable and see if you could get any Internet from it?

2) If the wall cable has Internet, you could set up  static IP on the powerline unit which is in the same subnet as router, for example :

IP: 192.168.1.200 

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (router's IP address)

Options
2021-08-03 10:47:20

@GuyP Hello, 

If the Powerline Led goes On and OFF, it is possible the powerline environment is not very ideal or have got some interference ,you could follow this instruction and try to improve the powerline rate: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/           

Please also try a different wall socket for the extender unit , or put the extender unit into the same room as main adapter and see powerline could be stable ON? 

Can you download tpPLC Utlity and check the powerline rate between 2 powerline units and share a photo, thank you. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220/

Options
2021-08-03 17:14:58 - last edited 2021-08-03 17:17:34

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your answer !

I already tried to connect a wire from the PA4025P to my PC but I still don't have Internet...

But the black Ethernet cable on the picture works really well (I conected the wire to my PC from the Ethernet outlet and it worked)

Could you help me ?

Options
2021-08-04 01:56:40

@BipBip  Hello, 

You could also try static IP as suggested above. 

Or try to put 2 units in the same room,  factory reset 2 powerline units and repair them:

• Reset Wireless Powerline unit: via the RESET button/ RESET hole

With device powered on, Use a pin to push the reset hole until all LEDs will turn off and start on again.      

• Reset Wired Powerline unit: 

With device powered on, keep pressing the pair button until most Led flash once           

Later repair them: 

Put 2 powerline unit in the wall sockets, in the same room, and pair them again :

Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
When the Powerline Led or House Leds are on, the pairing process is done

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3844

Replies: 5