Deco x60 Signal Source Wifi Backhaul instead of Ethernet Wired Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-31 20:34:22
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi,

I bought the x60 Deco hoping it would be easy to setup a wired backhaul however it turns out to be too simple and limited. Main Deco is called 'Hallway' which is on the ground floor. The 2 ports it has are connected to #1 LAN Main Modem and #2 control switch which connects all the ethernet cables of the main modem around the whole house. 

On the First floor i want to put 2 Decos connected to Ethernets that lead up to the same control switch of the main Deco. 1 is called 'First Floor Lobby' and the other is 'First Floor Hallway'. The distance between each Deco is also at the edge of the other Deco. Even though they are all connected via ethernet backhaul 'First Floor Lobby' & 'First Floor Hallway' decide to use wireless 'Hallway' Backhaul instead of Ethernet Backhaul.

How do i change the Deco setup to specifically an ethernet backhaul instead of automatically going for a wireless backhaul. They are all connected to the same control switch. Can please someone give me an answer if its possible to change settings of Deco to only accept Ethernet Wired Backhaul instead of going automatically into Wireless Backhaul even though they are connected via ehternet to the same control switch.

Would appreciate any helpp

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco x60 Signal Source Wifi Backhaul instead of Ethernet Wired Backhaul
2021-07-31 20:52:37

@Abdullabh 

The following FAQ article by TP-Link may help:  General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
2021-07-31 20:54:54 - last edited 2021-07-31 20:57:31

@Alexandre. 

I've seen this before. It seems the 'First Floor Decos' prefer a wireless backhaul rather than a wired backhaul. They are both connected to the same control switch of the Main Deco via ethernet however the signal source is a wireless backhaul to the main deco instead of wired ethernet backhaul.

Options
2021-07-31 20:59:30

@Abdullabh 

Have you scrolled down to Frequently Asked Questions section of that article, and specifically Q4, Q5 and Q7

Options
2021-08-02 03:09:22

Thanks, Alexandre.

Hi,@Abdullabh 

Your issue is quite like case 1 on this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/271538

It is quite like your control switch is not supported IEEE 1905.1 protocol.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 920

Replies: 4

Related Articles