Can a power line adapter damage a router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-01 10:03:29 - last edited 2021-08-02 08:47:19

I'm not particularly very technical and I really need some advice. 
I use power line adapters to boost my connection for gaming as I time out every so often , I recently moved into a new place and set up my new internet and router with the power line adapters. A couple of hours later the router decided to break( wouldn't turn on at all so ordered a replacement)  now this is most likely just a faulty router problem. I now have a brand new router from my provider but I am now hesitant to stick the power line adapters onto it as I am worried that the adapters somehow alter the current etc and will cause my new router to blow again, I really don't want to have another week of no internet. Is there any logic to this or am I just overthinking this? Can the power line adapters really blow your router ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can a power line adapter damage a router?-Solution
2021-08-02 07:02:58 - last edited 2021-08-02 08:47:19

@Louie1 

Please feel free to use powerline units with your new router, as there is no internal logic that powerline device could cause any hardware damage on router. 

From your information, the old router can not be turned on, it is most likely some hardware issue on the router which probaly caused by power outage/ thunderstorm/ bad power adapter / aging component in router  etc. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can a power line adapter damage a router?-Solution
2021-08-02 07:02:58 - last edited 2021-08-02 08:47:19

@Louie1 

Please feel free to use powerline units with your new router, as there is no internal logic that powerline device could cause any hardware damage on router. 

From your information, the old router can not be turned on, it is most likely some hardware issue on the router which probaly caused by power outage/ thunderstorm/ bad power adapter / aging component in router  etc. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can a power line adapter damage a router?
2021-08-02 08:20:09

@Solla-topee Thank you! Yes i was hoping this was the case all along, i have been using my adapters the past couple hours and all is well. Thanks for the help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 2