TL-WPA8630PKIT reduced speed to 1/3rd

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-05 19:29:44
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I’ve 100Mbps Virgin fabre broadband. I’m using power line extender. I get only around 30Mbps of speed on both Ethernet and WiFi. 

I’ve tested my speed directly with Virgin router and it comes around 100 Mbps.

I’ve checked your FAQs regarding how to increase the speed. I don’t have any issues such as power strip, nearby devices etc.

I’ve also forced Virgin broadband to 5GHz only mode but it didn’t made any difference. 

Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630PKIT reduced speed to 1/3rd
2021-08-06 06:25:08

@aklondonuk Hello, 

Please make sure  powerline units are plugged into the Wall socket directly, not via  power strip, and you could try a different wall socket for the powerline unit and see if the powerline rate could be higher. Speed will get reduced while signal being transmitted through powerline . The real speed is closely related to the powerline rate and also the speed coming from router.  In the actual household environment, real speed test could be 20% to 30% of the Powerline rate and also capped by ISP bandwidth or router speed. Here is a related FAQ explaining the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2928/

Powerline rate is an indicator of the powerline environment, from your photo the powerline rate is 105Mps, which means powerline environment is not so good and  powerline devices may get unstable/ slow speed. You could follow this instruction and remove the things that may affect the power environment:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 1