Archer AC750 C20 v5 (US) frequent network disconnection!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-15 20:55:19 - last edited 2022-03-15 08:22:33
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.4.17

Device Model : AC750

Name : Archer C20 v5 (US) 

Firmware version : 0.9.1.4.17

Firmware Build Ver: 201214

My router frequently disconnects from network. I've tried all the firmwares provided in the official website but the problem still remains. I've google up and found majority of the people are facing same issue with this model. Please developer team fix this problem. It is both annoying and frustrating. 

P.S. This is not the problem with isp or cable. I've tried and checked. This problem is with the device firmware. Tp-Link, do your job. Thank you. 

Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer AC750 C20 v5 (US) frequent network disconnection!
2021-08-16 03:29:28

@John_Titor 

Will the internet LED change to red/orange when you can monitor and there is an internet drop?

If the modem gives you pretty stable internet connectivity, please confirm if there is still a WAN IP address on the C20 when the internet LED becomes red/orange. Try to change the DNS server on the Network > Internet page to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if there is still a WAN IP address when the internet drops.

BTW, you can also refer to the troubleshooting suggestions here, and see if any will help:
[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-08-17 12:01:21

@Kevin_Z I have discovered it's problem. The problem is with the firmware. The thing is if there is any network disruption the light turns red but the router keeps connected. It doesn't refresh or try to establish connection by reconnecting like other routers. Though it shows red light but it doesn't try to reconnect. So if the internet comes back on wan it doesn't connect. You have to either reboot or manually reconnect to the network. The option on wan, "Connection mode : Always" is broken and it is the problem people facing with this router. Otherwise the router is great. 

In conclusion the problem is with the router is it doesn't try to reconnect to the network if there is a network failure. It keeps red and you won't get internet even if it comes back. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@John_Titor 

Will the internet LED change to red/orange when you can monitor and there is an internet drop?

If the modem gives you pretty stable internet connectivity, please confirm if there is still a WAN IP address on the C20 when the internet LED becomes red/orange. Try to change the DNS server on the Network > Internet page to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if there is still a WAN IP address when the internet drops.

BTW, you can also refer to the troubleshooting suggestions here, and see if any will help:
[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

Options
2021-08-18 11:05:01

@John_Titor 

Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C20? Is there still a WAN IP address, default gateway, and DNS servers when the internet LED changes to be red? When you click on Release then Renew, will you get a different WAN IP or are you getting the same?

As per the Connection mode, please change it to Auto, then reboot the router to monitor.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-08-19 06:07:40

@Kevin_Z Wan connection type is ppope. I also had static connection before. The same problem was there too. And yes there still a WAN IP address, default gateway, and DNS servers when the internet LED changes to be red. And router is set to auto but it doesn't work. My internet service provider is "Triangle ltd." region - Bangladesh. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@John_Titor 

Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C20? Is there still a WAN IP address, default gateway, and DNS servers when the internet LED changes to be red? When you click on Release then Renew, will you get a different WAN IP or are you getting the same?

As per the Connection mode, please change it to Auto, then reboot the router to monitor.

Kevin_Z wrote

@John_Titor 

Options
2021-08-19 08:17:42

@John_Titor 

Have you ever tested the internet connection with another router (from another manufacture)? Will it connect automatically with "Triangle ltd." line/modem? 

Or you can simply dial up on the computer with the PPPoE username and password on a computer bypassing the C20, confirm if you can get back to the internet after the modem is restarted. Below is the guide to dial-up on a Windows computer:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

Options
2021-08-19 19:33:54

@Kevin_Z yes the router automatically connects if I use another brand or another tp link router. On Tp link bangladesh official fb page most of the people are complaining the same. Not only in bangladesh but other country peoples are facing the same problem with this model. So the hardware of mine isn't damaged or something. It's with the firmware. It always has been. So I humbly request you to kindly inform this matter with the developer team. Thanks. 

Options
2021-08-20 03:32:17

@John_Titor 

Thanks for the additional information. The tech team was made aware of your issue. They will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-11-23 22:17:37

@John_Titor 

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my AC750. Is there any fix to this?

King Regards, JS

Options
2021-12-27 08:33:33

@John_Titor I am facing the same problem. Internet connection is available at my ONU but router shows red/orange light. I have to connect the router manually from tether app to get internet connecton back again.

Options
2022-02-14 08:20:09

@John_Titor 

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my Archer C20 (US). Is there any fix to this?

Firmware Version:0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 201214 Rel.42010n(5553)

Hardware Version:Archer C20 v5 00000005

Regards, Saurabh K

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1460

Replies: 10

Related Articles