Android device/pc connectivity issues (tcp/ip)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-08 20:21:16
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4.20.0

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4.20.0

Firmware Version : 3.12.11 Build 120320 Rel.51047n

ISP : Eircom

Hi,

I'm hoping someone could help me. I am a college student working on developing android application for my final year. I recently purchased the tl-wr740n, I installed it and all worked perfectly. The other day I came out and my pc, my iphone and my android device wouldn't connect, I tried multiple troubleshooting ideas, eventually I had to reset the router and re install it.

My problem is this, as part of my application I create tcp/ip connection between my android device and my server which is on my pc, this had been working perfectly before this issue, now however, there isn't any connection. My code etc is the same, so I'm wondering is there a setting on my router that is different or that could be changed to allow this connection, or something that is in place that is blocking this connection? The android device will connect to the internet via the router now as will the pc and iphone, but I can't get my application to communicate with the pc through tcp/ip.

If there is anyone that has any ideas about this I would be really appreciate hearing them as I'm wasting precious time with this issue. :mad:

kind regards,

Gary
Options
11 Reply
Re:Android device/pc connectivity issues (tcp/ip)
2013-03-09 01:24:11
My proposition - LINK
Options
2013-03-09 03:02:08
Thank you for your reply, so just follow this tutorial and change my settings to match those of the tutorial?

Regards,
Gary
Options
2013-03-09 03:05:54
You can try. I have good experience after this setting.
Options
2013-03-09 05:32:51
Hi,

Thank you, I've tried that but unfortunately it doesn't make any difference. Would you have any other ideas, or would anyone else have any other ideas?

Regards,
Gary Doolin
Options
2013-03-09 05:36:40
I don't have any more ideas. First time you have to check this configuration and make test.
Options
2013-03-09 13:52:47
Is this a permanent condition now? Does rebooting the router and/or the other devices fix the issue temporarily? Be aware that a lot of users are complaining that the router just dies from time to time and has to be rebooted. If this is the case, then the problem lies in your router firmware, not your code.

Try openWRT, gargoyle or dd-wrt for the firmware. they might not have all the bells and whistles, but they seem to be more stable.
Options
2013-03-09 18:42:11
Hi,

This unfortunately seems to be a permanent condition, the pc, the iphone and the android device all connect wirelessly no problem and the all have full internet connectivity. The problem is, when I try to connect my application that i'm developing via tcp/ip sockets I can't establish a connection, but before I had to re install the router it would work fine....

Thanks for your help so far...

Gary
Options
2013-03-09 20:19:14
The problem is, when I try to connect my application that i'm developing via tcp/ip sockets I can't establish a connection, but before I had to re install the router it would work fine....

Your computer (server) is in this same network like android? What kind application do you use?
Options
2013-03-09 21:16:08
Hi,

Yes, the android device and my pc are on the same network. I am developing an application that gets the gps coordinates of the device and sends them via tcp/ip sockets to the server on my pc, this was working correctly, however, since I reinstalled the router, it can't make a connection.

Regards,
Gary
Options
2013-03-09 22:24:36
What the mean "reinstalled the router"?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 936

Replies: 11

Related Articles