P9 device intermittent connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-14 22:02:17
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168

I purchased a set of three Deco P9's on the 19th of Feb. I installed them on the 5th March and since then have had the same recurring issue. Devices, particularly but not limited to iphones, intermittently can't access the internet. Switching off WiFi and turning it back on again will rectify but in can happen every few minutes or every few hours. WiFi signal still shows as there, decos display solid white light, just no access to the internet. Connecting devices back to the ISP router network and no issues, so it is something to do with the Decos. I have checked it's upto date, swapped slave decos for main ones, factory reset, put in access mode, put ISP router on static IP, restarted everything lots of times and nothing works. 

There are other posts on this forum with people having exactly the same issue, so it's unlikely a fault with hardware. 

TP-Link, what is the issue? How can it be fixed? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:P9 device intermittent connectivity issues
2020-04-26 10:44:34

@Scoredo 

Hi, for your problem, please help to confirm the following information.

1. What is the current network topology? How do you connect Deco together, by wired or Wi-Fi?

2. Is the Deco works in the AP mode Router mode now?

3. In order to reduce interference, you can just use the main Deco and test whether the problem still remains. If so, take an iPhone as an example, when the iPhone has no internet, what's the IP address on the iPhone? Can the iPhone ping the IP address of the main Deco? 

4. Whether all of your clients have the problem at the same time?

Options
Re:P9 device intermittent connectivity issues
2020-04-26 12:54:26

@TP-Link_Deco 

1) topology is 

ISP router - LAN/WAN to main deco 

slave 1 connected to main by WiFi/powerline 

slave 2 connected to main by WiFi/powerline 

note: how do I know if powerline is working? Nothing in the app to tell me the status of the connection. 

2) it is in router mode. I have tried in AP and it makes no difference. I can't put my ISP router into bridge as it doesn't have this functionality 

3) its intermittent and appears to be not able to obtain an IP address when internet access is lost. WiFi signal is still there, devices connected just no access to internet. 

4) it appears they all lose access to internet at the same time, I.e if I lose it on my laptop and check on my phone then I have no internet access on both. 

I have just had it completely fail now. Nothing would connect and app wouldn't even let me reboot the deco units. Eventually managed to get it to delete network so I have set it all up again from the start. This time I have got the main deco to connect and added a slave. The other unit will not connect. Goes from solid yellow to flashing red. Is this one faulty? 

additionally, I have had multi conversations with online support and have escalated to the "senior" team who have only offered me the same solution as the previous engineer. I have been sent a firmware beta but I can't do anything with it as the word doc instructions ask for information I cannot get from the app!!!! It appears the instructions are not specfic to P9's. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 2

Related Articles