Issues with android phones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-15 18:26:10 - last edited 2022-09-16 17:52:04
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I have a really bad experience with some android devices.First, I thought it was coming from the devices, but now it's the third one (xiaomi 11t) having issues. 

Laptops, Google home, printers and older android phones are working fine though. 

But with the 11t for instance, it will connect to another deco while I'm standing one meter from the master one (even after disabling / enabling WiFi), and losing connection / trying to reconnect all the time (and having poor bandwidth). Making WiFi unusable. 

I have 4 M4 installed AP behind an archer c7. 

When using native WiFi from router, or another WiFi I have no issues so it's really a deco / (some newer) android problem it seems. 

I found (closed) threads but no real solution provided unfortunately. 

What can I do? 

I don't want to replace my 4 M4... 

Thanks 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Issues with android phones -Solution
2022-09-15 23:45:49 - last edited 2022-09-16 17:52:04

@Sisicaivrai 

It could be the private mac address setting on the newer android device

Go into the WiFI connection and edit it, under advanced you should see something called Privacy or Private Network Address...  something like that.   Try changing it to USE ORIGIONAL MAC   or whatever option you have, basically not   RANDOMISED..  

Give that a whirl..

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-09-16 17:51:51 - last edited 2022-09-16 17:52:21

So, with your advice on MAC address handling, disabling fast roaming and beaming, and having blacklisted / whitelisted the device the issue seems gone for the moment 😊

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2022-09-15 23:45:49 - last edited 2022-09-16 17:52:04

@Sisicaivrai 

It could be the private mac address setting on the newer android device

Go into the WiFI connection and edit it, under advanced you should see something called Privacy or Private Network Address...  something like that.   Try changing it to USE ORIGIONAL MAC   or whatever option you have, basically not   RANDOMISED..  

Give that a whirl..

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Issues with android phones
2022-09-16 04:44:11
I'll try that. Along with disabling fast roaming and beaming. Thanks
Options
2022-09-16 17:51:51 - last edited 2022-09-16 17:52:21

So, with your advice on MAC address handling, disabling fast roaming and beaming, and having blacklisted / whitelisted the device the issue seems gone for the moment 😊

Recommended Solution
Options