WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

246 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
3 weeks ago

@TP-Link 

I gave up. 

Switched to 3 Velop MX5200 units.  Much better coverage than my 5 Deco P9 units.

Interestingly, how come it allows me to switch all bands to different (less congested) channels and doesn't kill my LAN connection when the WAN goes down... 

Both things you claimed were not possible to implement (for our own good).

Options
RE:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2 weeks ago
Allow for manual specification of wan port for BE85.
Options
Friday
2024 and this is not resolved!!!
Options
Friday

@TP-Link says "We have also implemented enhancements on certain models" It's been over 3 years now since TP-Link admitted this BUG. It has not been fixed, as confirmed by so-called customer support staff less than a month ago.

So what "certain models" has it been fixed for? Not the M5 or M9 ..... but my new Orbis work well. I can still access my servers on the LAN when the WAN disconnects with the Orbis; sadly not with the Decos!!!!!!!!!  

Looking forward to ANY response from this so-called networking company!

Options
Saturday

@TP-Link I've been without internet for a month and just come across this thread, what a weird non-scenario where its the lack of internet that has destroyed all LAN connections because of the lack of dedicated WAN port. Pretty poor that the work around is get the ISP to fix it (you think we might have tried that!!?). Assignable ports please!!

Options
Yesterday
It's driving me nuts to have to have two devices next to each other
Options

Voters 125

+ 121 Voters