Can't detect a problem with the WAN connection and won't switch to the USB modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't detect a problem with the WAN connection and won't switch to the USB modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-26 19:53:39 - last edited 2021-08-27 07:58:58
Model: TL-MR3420  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

"Sorry about my English"

I have one alarm with internet monitoring, and I use the TL-MR3420 to have one connection all the time.

The mr3420 is connected to my home internet and the USB modem is the backup system.

What the MR3420 does:

When I switch off the home DSL or I plug off the rj45 the USB modem gives internet access and I still can monitoring my alarm.

The problem

I have one problem when everything is connected and powered, but I plug off the optical connection of my fiber-optic internet, the MR3420 doesn't switch tho the USB modem, and the monitoring of the alarm doesn't work anymore.

best regards.

Sergio

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't detect a problem with the WAN connection and won't switch to the USB modem
2021-09-01 11:02:04

@serpih 

Hi, May I know the model number of your backup USB modem?

Can I have a screenshot of the advanced>status page when fiber WAN was disconnected?

If it failed to auto-failover, would a manual reboot help?

By the way, what are the hardware and firmware versions of the TL-MR3420?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Can't detect a problem with the WAN connection and won't switch to the USB modem
2021-09-12 11:14:01 - last edited 2021-09-12 11:33:58

@serpih 

Hi,

(sorry about the delay and thanks for your help)

The USB modem is HUAWEI but he works well

The tp-link modem is TL-MR3420 v5 00000002

and the firmware is 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210319 Rel.39726n.

I have made the update but I still have the same problem.

For me, I think the problem comes from the fact the TP-link doesn't test the connection to the internet but the connection between the TP-link and a powered router.

The problem comes only when everything is connected and powered, but I plug off the optical connection of my fiber-optic internet.

Maybe the tp-link has one option to try to reach one information outside of my home internet like that he recognizes the problem and switch to the USB backup.

Best regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 479

Replies: 2