Extreme high ping while playing games on playstation.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-04 16:30:50
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1.2141-00_401013_17105_901

Hi,

I have begun noticing extremely high pings when playing any online games. For about an hour everything will run as normal, no pings, no packet loss or even latency. However, after about an hour I receive an increase in ping (which used to be around 25-40 to about 500). Not sure what is causing this sudden influx in ping however I have done some testing. the reason why I use a tp link for my console is because gaming via wifi makes me lag and the tp link helped (for about 6 months) in giving me pitch perfect internet. I have tested the internet speed wireless to see what the data shows and it states I am getting a 16mbps up and a 5.2 down. Whereas, with the tp link i would be getting 64 mbps up and 24 down (before the ping issues occur). When the ping issues occur the data changes to 1.9 mbps up and 4.5 mbps down. Already a sudden drop in internet speed. I am not too sure what has suddenly caused this rise in ping and hope somebody can assist me in fixing the issue. In addition, I have also done the firmware updates via the TP link application as well.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extreme high ping while playing games on playstation.
2021-09-06 06:58:08 - last edited 2021-09-06 06:59:09

@Dixr Good day, 

Thank you for your details, can you help confirm some details to help analyze the issue: 

Connect PS4 directly to router's wifi and play game for about 1 hour, does the ping sike? 
Please check the powerline rate between 2 powerline units on tpPLC Utlity . What are the powerline rate when ping spikes and when it works normal? 

Try a different wall socket for the powerline extender or main powerline unit, and see if that helps with the issue. 

May I know the model router , the model of your tp-link powerline units, and the network topology? e.g. Router<Ethernet>PA4010.......WPA4220 <Ethernet>PS4 

Could pc or laptop work stable with the same Wi-Fi, when you stream video or do other network activity, is there any high ping/ slow down? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 1

Related Articles