TL-MR 100: has anybody gotten the router to work as a bonded device?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 03:56:05 - last edited 2021-09-06 09:19:07
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi folks,

Here's my somewhat complicated home networking setup.

Ideal objective: ideally provide both some bonding and failover using both an ISP connection and a 4G/cellular failover.

The device I would like to use for that: the TP-Link TL-R470T+.

Currently achieved: as shown above, TL MR 100 provides failover to an ISP line and then provides networking to another TP-Link device which is configured in AP mode. Hence there are no conflicts.

The problem is that the TL MR 100 doesn't appear to be able to work as a bridged 4G to ethernet adapter. If it did, then I could wire both the ISP line and that into the load balancer and then provision the wireless network from there. In that case, I could potentially achieve both load balancing and failover.

Has anybody found a solution for this?

Regards, Daniel Rosehill
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR 100: has anybody gotten the router to work as a bonded device?
2021-09-10 06:49:47

@danielrosehill 

Did you want to set up something like this:

MR100 does not support Link aggregation and there is also another issue that 3/4 cellular service and Ethernet WAN connection would not work at the same time.

Have you tried the following setup: leave MR100 to work on the 3/4G wireless router mode?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 1