TL-WA1201 reboots itself when watching YouTube, speed testing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 09:53:31
Model: TL-WA1201  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210628 rel.55053(4555)

Hello everyone. Recently I've bought this AP and have some issues with it. It's powered by POE adapter to distribute the internet on the second floor of my house. On the initial firmware (latest official) it had an issue that it restarted itself during speedtest. Mid the test it suddenly stopped wifi got disconnected and the AP restarted. After upgrading to beta firmware it passes the speedtest but drops the connection while watching YouTube. I assume that the issue happens when the AP has to handle continuous transmission. I'm not sure what to do now. I can still refund the product but it has perfect wifi coverage for my house and is poe powered (which is a must for me)

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA1201 reboots itself when watching YouTube, speed testing
2021-09-06 12:08:51

@pprazzi 

Hey

Cant say i have ever seen that happen before, and the AP should be able to easily handle multiple YouTube / Streaming at one time

All I can think is its a faulty device, it should not be restarting on you.    I would see if you can get it swopped out, sounds like its just a faulty one.. sadly does happen!

Options
2021-09-06 12:11:49

@Philbert 

I'll try to contact with the seller. After adding my thread I've got another series of restarts but because of my phone downloading updates in the background. It's really annoying...

Options
2021-09-09 01:41:02 - last edited 2021-09-09 01:43:12

@pprazzi  Hello, 

Sorry for the late response. As this access point use passive-POE not standard 802.3af PoE,  it has to work with its own PoE power adapter in the package, make sure you are using the original power adapter. Or try to use the DC power adapter and see if reboot stops.

Sometimes wrong power adapter or extension cable may cause abnormal reboot. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 3

Related Articles