Archer A7 keeps dropping internet WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-08 04:15:34
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I recently connected a Netgear LM1200 modem in bridge mode, and when connected to my PC it's fine. When connected to the WAN port of my A7, the router keeps dropping the connection saying WAN unplugged, then getting the same IP, and running that scenario over and over. This was not happening previously so it has to be something with the modem and router config. I've tried different cables, restarted, cloned the PC MAC address, changed IPs on the router... Nothing seems to make a difference. Any other suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A7 keeps dropping internet WAN
2021-09-08 04:17:44
I should also say the modem control panel shows a steady connection, which was the experience when connected directly to the PC.
Options
2021-09-08 08:50:42

@TN_Webhead 

Firstly, please review the settings and suggestions we provided in the below thread:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

If none helps, please tell us the below details, we will analyze further:

1. Who is your ISP?

2. What is the WAN connection type on the TP-Link router?

3. Save and email the System Log on the router (System Tools > System Log). Don't reboot the router, if the internet doesn't recover automatically, please login to the router page, go to Advanced > Network > Internet, click on the Connect/Disconnect to recover the connection on the router.

Options
2021-09-09 01:57:57

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your response. I did have most of the items already checked from that list. The ones I did not were updating the firmware and changing the DNS/gateway. Neither had any impact. Here are the answers for the other items:

1. Who is your ISP?

Verizon - connecting via a Netgear LM1200 4G LTE modem

2. What is the WAN connection type on the TP-Link router?

Dynamic IP

3. Save and email the System Log on the router (System Tools > System Log). Don't reboot the router, if the internet doesn't recover automatically, please login to the router page, go to Advanced > Network > Internet, click on the Connect/Disconnect to recover the connection on the router.

Logfile of my most recent attempt with the modem is attached. You'll see a comment where I changed the router IP and switched back to my original ISP and modem. Thank you for your help.

File:
syslog-2021-09-08.log.txtDownload
Options
2021-09-09 02:38:06

@TN_Webhead 

Thanks for all the details. To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and respond.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 4

Related Articles