AP disabling in WPA4220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP disabling in WPA4220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP disabling in WPA4220
AP disabling in WPA4220
2021-09-09 17:28:11
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 210305 Rel.64377n (6985)

Greetings,

We previously had a powerline kit to connect our computer directly to the router via Ethernet and used our wifi connection to stream things from the computer to a Fire Stick in another room. However, we wanted to improve the quality of the network over the TV room and purchased an extra TL-WPA4220 for that room. The signal is better, but we can't stream content from the computer to the Fire Stick since it can't detect the PC. The streaming without the TL-WPA4220 worked, so i guess that the problem lies in it. I think that the problem might be that i have to disable AP Isolation in the powerline, but I can't find the option in settings.

A map of the connections would be something like this:

Router >AV600 >TL-WPA4010 (Wifi) >Fire Stick
v TL-WPA4010 v     ^^^^^^^^
vTL-WPA4010 (Ethernet) v     ^^^^^^^^
PC > >>>>>>> >>>>Content>>>>>> ^^^^^^^^

Thank you very much. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:AP disabling in WPA4220
2021-09-16 09:39:09

@Caeolos  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed network topology.  AP feature (WiFi feature)it to provide Wi-Fi for the devices and it does not seems to related with the issue.

May I know do you mean when TV connects to router’s WiFi it could access the media content  on that computer (wired to PA4010 extender), but when TV connects to WPA4220's it could not see that computer? 

If so , it is recommend to check the IP address of your TV, and also  the IP & gateway  of the computer wired to PA4010. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

On your computer, please try to ping TV's IP address and see if ping is successful or not:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Options
Re:AP disabling in WPA4220
2021-09-16 15:10:19

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thank you for replying. However, the day after the original message it just started working without any additional changes so the problem just got solved by itself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2

Related Articles