Change extended router with AV600 - WPA422

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 13:08:27 - last edited 2021-09-14 07:29:16
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

ENGLISH

Hi,

I have a WIFI Extender AV600 WPA422 that worked fine and now has to be connected to a new router.

The new router (actually is an old one) has no WPS button.

I followed all of the possible steps I found online and on the pdf guides to connect the device to the router but without success.

Steps I followed:

1. Clicked on RESET on the TP Link device for more than 15secs

2. Connected through the browser to 192.168.0.254

3. Among all of the settings I didn't find the option to connect to a new router, just options on how to call the TP link device or to change it's password, nothing on scanning for other devices

4. Tried with Android apps like Tether (finds the device as UNKNOWN and says I should connect through IP 192.168.0.254) and tpPLC (it has the exact same options as connecting to 192.168.0.254)

5. Clicked on the WIFI button on the device, I thougth it would copy automatically the credentials from the router but it does nothing

So what should I do to connect this thing without WPS? I remember I had a Netgear extender and it was super easy, just choose the router you with to extend and go.

Here it seems a lot more complicated.

Thanks,
Matteo

---

ITALIAN

Buongiorno,

Ho un wifi extender modello AV600 WPA4220 che fino a poco tempo fa era connesso a un router che ora è stato sostituito.

Il nuovo (in realtà vecchio) router purtroppo non ha il pulsante WPS per la connessione immediata.

Ho seguito tutte le guide possibili e scaricato i manuali dell’Extender in questione ma non riesco a collegare il dispositivo al router in nessun modo.

Step seguiti finora:

1. Cliccato su RESET nell’extender con un oggetto appuntito per 15sec.
  2. Collegato tramite pc a indirizzo 192.168.0.254
  3. Fra le varie impostazioni ero convinto di trovare il nuovo router da estendere, ma niente,trovo solo le impostazioni del dispositivo TP Link ma non mi chiede a quale router voglio connetterlo
  4. Provato con l’app tpPLC e Tether da smartphone, arrivo agli stessi step ma non mi viene mai chiesto a quale line voglio connettermi
  5. Cliccato su WIFI sull’extender fino a farlo lampeggiare, pareva che come da manuale d’istruzioni si copiasse SSID e pw dal router da solo ma a quanto pare non lo fa

Cosa devo fare per connetterlo?? Mi potete indicare chiaramente i passaggi per collegarlo senza l’uso del WPS?

Mi sembrava  più facile la procedura di connessione, ma a quanto pare non ne vengo fuori… E il manuale d’uso non è molto chiaro a riguardo.

Grazie,

Matteo

Options
3 Reply
Re:Change extended router with AV600 - WPA422
2021-09-14 07:33:11

@Matt22 Good day, 

Thank you for the detailed post! 

You could pair the 2  powerline units by pair  pressing button referring to the instruction, then wire the main adapter to router via Ethernet cable: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1081/

Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
When the Powerline Led or House Leds are on, the pairing process is done.

After the paring, download tpPLC Utlity and change wireless settings as you need:

How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Options
2021-09-15 07:20:24

Hi @Solla-topee 

Thanks for your answer. Is there the possibility I can connect with only one device? 

I just have this one in the picture below, I see there is another one on the internet but currently I don't have it:

Is there a chance I can still connect to my wifi router or do I absolutely need the second device?

Thank you,

Matteo

Options
2021-09-16 09:15:32

@Matt22  Hello, 

Normally powerline units work in KIT, and one to the router via Ethernet cable, and the extender in a different location to extend wifi / provide wired connection. 

2 powerline units are communicate through house powerline and transfer data. 

If you only has one WPA4220, then you will need wire a cable between router the Wi-Fi adapter, or they could not communicate with each other. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 3

Related Articles