AV500 Gets a DHCP lease but no comms

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 16:10:22
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

HI

My AV500 gets a lease okay from my router but is not passing traffic, I can't ping the router from the device that is wired to the AV500, I can't ping the device on the AV500  from any other device. This is hard-wired mode, not wireless. 

Had these a while and used to work, jut got them out to connect a PC in my garage through the mains circuit. 

Any ideas. 

J  

Options
2 Reply
Re:AV500 Gets a DHCP lease but no comms
2021-09-16 09:07:45

Hello @Seg1023 , 

Make sure devices connected to AV5000 still get an IP address and gateway address from router. 

You could try to reserve an IP address for the devices that connect to AV500 and see if that helps.

If still the same issue, may I know the Led status on AV500,  IP address of router and IP address & Gateway address of the devices connected to AV500?

Can you share the ping results. Thank you

Options
Re:AV500 Gets a DHCP lease but no comms
2021-09-21 16:11:51

@Seg1023 

Update, I set this up in my home and then moved to the AV500 to the garage, It looked like it obtained a lease but probably held on to the one it got in my home.

My garage is on a different consumer unit than my home, I am assuming it won't work even though the common and earth would be shared?  

J

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 2