AX73 Slow Ethernet Wired Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 17:22:16
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, would like to ask -> I'm on a 300Mbps connection. So I bought a TP-Link AX73 to replace my old D-Link outer. After switching, my desktop wired/ethernet connection became very slow (less than 10to20Mbps, with slow upload too) but the Wifi in my mobile phone seems fine. I even tried the Wifi connection to my desktop, but similar issue, less than 10to20Mbps too. 

So I reconnected back to my old D-Link router just to test and all is fine with the download speed easily hitting 300mbps.

What could be the problem here?

I'm using this motherboard; https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-Z390-PLUS-GAMING/

What I have tried but still not working:

Updated to latest firmware

Trying every LAN port 1-4

Changing Ethernet cable cat5e and cat6 to Cat7

Reset TCP/DNS

Reset Windows Network 

Turn on/off QoS

Set negotiation speed to 1000Mbps full

Disable ipv6

Options
7 Reply
Re:AX73 Slow Ethernet Wired Speed
2021-09-14 07:29:13

@Araba 

How about the link speed when this computer is connected to the AX73 via cable or via Wi-Fi?

Ensure the adapter driver version is up-to-date, try to force the Speed/Duplex to 1000Mbps as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2900/

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-14 13:10:00 - last edited 2021-09-14 13:10:28

@Kevin_Z 

Hi , when the desktop is connected via both cable and WiFi, the speed is only reaching average 10-20Mbps for download, less than 1Mbps for upload.

I've already updated the firmwares of both AX73 and my motherboard. Also forced full duplex of 1000Mbps both on the AX73 router and on the desktop PC. Even changed all cables to Cat6/7

Options
2021-09-17 09:19:02

@Araba 

How about the link speed when this computer is connected to the AX73 via cable or via Wi-Fi? We are not talking about the actual speed you got, you can follow the links to find the link speed on the PC, show us the screenshots, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-04 00:19:46

@Kevin_Z 

dear TpLink, has this been resolved. If yes, what was the root cause and what was the remedy?

Thanks. 

Options
2022-03-04 06:49:41

HuiGP wrote

@Kevin_Z 

dear TpLink, has this been resolved. If yes, what was the root cause and what was the remedy?

Thanks. 

Hello @HuiGP, thanks for asking.

If you're experiencing a similar issue with Archer AX73, we would like to know the details as I asked for Araba, such as the brand and model of the device that connects to the AX73 with a cable, how about the link speed between them, if you have tried with another device to check if this is an issue with the device itself, etc.

Options
2022-06-04 16:18:32

@Araba I have exactly the same problem.. brand new AX73 just out the box and set up.... wifi speeds are awesome, all cabled connections seem to be limiting themselves to 100Mbps... I have a Dell XPS laptop and PS5 both wired and both getting the same download/updload speeds. So it is not a port issue, it seems to be limiting the wired connections? 

Options
2022-06-06 08:28:52

NickNotts wrote

@Araba I have exactly the same problem.. brand new AX73 just out the box and set up.... wifi speeds are awesome, all cabled connections seem to be limiting themselves to 100Mbps... I have a Dell XPS laptop and PS5 both wired and both getting the same download/updload speeds. So it is not a port issue, it seems to be limiting the wired connections? 

Hello @NickNotts 

If you are experiencing similar issues with the LAN speed, please go through the following thread to do some basic troubleshooting then report back if the issue persists:

What if my LAN speed is capped at 100 Mbps

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1296

Replies: 7

Related Articles