MR3420 3G/4G USB router not tethering with my phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max with MIUI OS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR3420 3G/4G USB router not tethering with my phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max with MIUI OS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 19:23:33 - last edited 2021-09-13 19:28:03
Model: TL-MR3420  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210319 Rel.39726n

My MR3420 router tether with all other smartphones but its not tethering with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max with MIUI OS. My Redmi tether with computer/laptop over USB without any problem but its not tethering with this router

Options
5 Reply
Re:MR3420 3G/4G USB router not tethering with my phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max with MIUI OS
2021-09-15 02:45:21

@panko 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Could you please send me the following two pictures:

1. A screen-shot of advanced>status page.

2. A screen-shot of advanced>network>internet page.

Have you tried to manually add a 3/4G modem profile under the internet page?

Options
Re:MR3420 3G/4G USB router not tethering with my phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max with MIUI OS
2021-09-15 06:35:34

@TP-Link 

Hi, I haven't tried adding a manual profile under modem settings because this router works with all other phones without adding any manual profiles. I have tested with my Redmi Note 1, my mom's Realme 5 pro. It works with them directly as I plug the usb cable in phone

then the usb cable LED starts blinking on router

and when I turn on the tethering option in that phone

then that USB LED becomes stable and the Internet works.

But its not the case with my phone Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. With this phone, when I attach it to router via USB cable then that USB LED starts blinking on router but when I turn on the tethering option in phone then the LED turns off, it doesn't get stable like with other phones.

I have included screenshots what you asked. But I don't think this is the router's problem because the router works with other phones and my Note 9 Pro phone's USB tethering works with PC/Laptop but not with this router. So I don't know what to do, because both devices work with other devices but not with each other

Options
2021-09-15 08:12:04 - last edited 2021-09-15 08:13:38

@panko 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I noticed the WAN interface of 3420 is EWAN_ IPoE, did the 3420 work on the wireless router mode( or wireless router with 3G/4G backup), not 3g/4g router only mode?

And the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is using a USB-Ethernet converter to connect to the WAN port on the 3420?

Moreover, did other smartphones used the same configuration(EWAN_ IPoE) and same network converter?

If yes, please change the DNS under Advanced>Network>Internet>click the "advanced" button and manually set DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

Options
2021-09-15 10:23:19

@TP-Link 

I used the same router configuration for all smartphones. Router works with other smartphones but not with my Redmi Note 9 Pro Max

And the router works on other modes like the Wireless Router mode. No problem with the router.

And I am not using any USB-Ethernet converter. The Router has a USB port and I connect the smartphones to this USB port. All other smartphones work except my Note 9 Pro.

And I changed DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, it still doesn't work with my Note 9 pro. I don't think this problem is related to DNS.

In Network > Internet page > under 3G/4G Settings, the first option "3G/4G USB Modem" says "unplugged" when nothing is connected to the USB port of router.

When I connect my smartphone to USB port this option says "Detecting..."

and then when I turn on the USB tethering option in my smartphone, this status says "Connected" for other smartphones but it says "unplugged" for my Redmi Note 9 Pro.

Its like this router doesn't want to work with my Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in any case

Options
2021-09-16 03:20:57

@panko 

Thank you very much for your further explanation.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1513

Replies: 5