Force computer to use TP-Link Archer T4U plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-14 23:56:15
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Bought this to fix an issue with low wifi-signal in one room of the house. It works beautifully when it is connected, but sometimes it just switches to using the native Intel Dual Band Wireless adapter.   On the control pagenel/network and internet/network connections page Wi-Fi-2 shows TP-Link Wireless USB adapter as not connected and I cannot force it to connect.  

What I have tried.

1. Forcing it to use 802.11ac (to get to 5 GHz), which definitely improves speed when connected.  With 802.11an - get terrible speed.

2. Enabling/disabling adapter - it says it is enabled, but there is still an X on the Wi-Fi2 showing not connected.  When right-clicked/properties,  it shows your device is working properly.

3. Turned off power management, so that it stays on.  It never seems to turn off (as indicated by the light), but thought it was worth  trying.

4. Checked driver and apparently I have the most current driver.

5. My AT&T gateway interface (through web page pointing to it) has an ability to optimize to find the best channel.  This had worked before to increase speed, but it does not seem to change it.  My best channel was channel 52 (80 MHz) if that means anything to the experts here.

Couple of days back when this happened, I had run some troubleshooting and it turned on something which had fixed the problem.  Today I tried troubleshooting and it cannot fix it.

Any thoughts on what is going on? I am not tech-savvy and all my solutions above are based on Google searches :-).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Force computer to use TP-Link Archer T4U plus
2021-09-18 01:30:44 - last edited 2021-09-18 01:32:59

@swatej007  Hello, 

May I know do you have 2 wifi adapters running at the same time? We suggestdisabling the Intel  built- in Wi-Fi adapter while using TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter or it could cause the trouble.  (Computer Management ->Device manager -> Locate the Intel wifi adapter -> right click it and disable it)

You could refer to Case2 to find the wifi adapter in Device Manager:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2240/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 1

Related Articles