New install of WN722N - device is not visible in connection list or visible on network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New install of WN722N - device is not visible in connection list or visible on network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-15 06:19:04
Model: TL-WN722N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

New wn722n on windows 10/64.  Primary router is TPLink  AC1200 (running fine).  On inserting the new adapter into usb port (already downloaded and installed driver from your site) and using WPS connect tool, I get "successful".  BUT NOTHING IS VISIBLE.  I do not see any new device listed in Networks.  If I turn off AC1200 and try install above again but instead try Windows Connect there is no device visible in the list of networks.  Your very silly/very very tiny WPS config tool (smaller than most postage stamps) appears to offer NO ADMIN ABILITY OF ANY KIND.  I cannot see the device by any IP address when I scan.  Device shows in Device Manager Network adapters (but not in Other Devices).  Device appears to be entirely invisible and no way to connect to it.  Advice please.

Options
1 Reply
Re:New install of WN722N - device is not visible in connection list or visible on network
2021-09-18 01:38:48

Hello @ir1ru2 , 

If the driver is successfully installed, but no WiFi signal shows up, please refer to guide below to Enable WLAN Auto config,and connect to WiFi. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/306/

The Wi-Fi list should pops up and show available WiFi network, if not , may I have a photo of the WiFi list/ part. 

Please double-click on tp-link adapter in Device Manager and check what is the status of adapter?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 1

Related Articles