WR740N V4 VER 4.23 Installation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-21 17:09:40
Region : France

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP : SKY DSL by satellite

Hi
I've recently installed SKYDSL by satellite and it's working OK. It is supplied with a satellite modem ( SURFBEAM 2) which is not wireless. I already have a TP Link WR 740N which I want to use as a pass through device and then spread the wifi around the house (old house - thick walls) I have a TP-Link TL-WA730RE and a Netgear WN2000RPT to do this.
MY PROBLEM:
The WR740N installation cd is lost and so I have downloaded a file from the TP-LINK website but this is a .BIN file and I can't open it. I have tried several bits of free software but they:- either don't support .bin files or say the file is corrupted. I've tried the download process a few times and so I don't think that it is corrupted.

Can anyone give me some advice please?
Options
1 Reply
Re:WR740N V4 VER 4.23 Installation
2013-07-22 16:17:40
You must have downloaded the wrong thing.
Actually, it is the "easy setup assistant utility" that should be downloaded.
Yours is V4, so please download the utility from www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WR740N&version=V4#tbl_b.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 1

Related Articles