Votes

Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

Votes

Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

227 Reply
Re:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2022-11-21 17:26:28

I DMed @Solla-topee and this was the response:

Solla-topee: Hi there, Thank you. If there is any updated news we will certainly respond on that thread on that post, so far I did not see update in the near future

I guess it's never going to happen

Options
RE:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2022-11-21 18:45:48 - last edited 2022-11-21 19:11:49

@Solla-topee I would definitely support AP mode with OneMesh and wired backhauling! 👍 In Sweden most house owners are dealing with the problem the optical fiber entering their houses in really bad locations (basement, garage etc) where a router creating household Wi-Fi doesn’t really make anyone happy! Also most service providers are already providing good quality “pre setup routers” included in the deal when signing up for a 24 month fiber internet plan (which most homeowners tend to do as it’s most economical). Also they (the big providers like Tele2, Comhem, Telia etc) always recommend their customers to use the provided router for easy setup, support, monitoring and remote access if needed. It would be awesome to be able to just turn of the built in Wi-Fi in the already provided router (which just are replaced by the company when broken or out of date for free as long you are on a plan) and instead take the “speed” inside the “everyday area” of the house by LAN and high speed access points (Wi-Fi extenders) creating a wireless mesh through out the house backhauling traffic by wire to the router in basement, garage, laundry, back entrance or whatever…

Options
2022-11-21 18:46:55
I got two RE700x’s 🙂
Options
2022-11-22 12:50:41

@Solla-topee 

Well after the earlier message "If there is any updated news we will certainly respond on that thread on that post, so far I did not see update in the near future" and that it's more then 1 1/2 year since this topic was raised on a other thread, it's end of the line for TP-Link here when I will upgrade my WiFi in the future.

Also because as there are hardly to none firmware updates going on for my devices.

iSybje

Options
2022-11-24 11:07:31

@Solla-topee 

Running an AX73 with the RE505X as AP for more than three years now.

I bought them for the ethernet backhaul functionality.

I am under the impression that at one point the AX73 web interface reported the RE505X as OneMesh device, even if it was connected on Ethernet (it was always on Ethernet, as the WiFi signal did not reach the repeater location). Maybe I am wrong...     

Currently I am planning on expanding the network, but if ethernet backhaul is not available in the next month or so, I will consider scraping the router and the repeater and choosing another brand. 

TP-Link used to make awesome products. I have already given up on the Tapo devices (I had a few cameras, some sockets and some bulbs). If I also ditch the router and the repeater there's no point in ever considering TP-Link again.

Options
2022-12-01 10:27:37
All meshOne products MUST support Ethernet Backhaul!
Options
2022-12-02 03:27:48

I doubt they'll support this as it wil cannibalize their deco sales, greed always trumps in the end. I have been a long time tp-link user and just recently purchased two RE300 to connect on my AX23 without reading first about this wired backhaul onemesh mess. I guess my next purchase won't be a TP-Link then.

Options
2022-12-02 04:47:42

@spoochan 

It will not cannibalize the Deco's, since that is also not even properly implemented - the Deco's create a new network for the WiFi / backhaul, and it cannot bridge with the router's network, so it's basically impossible to use it for things like IOT or home servers etc, since devices that connects via Deco gets IP's on a different range/subnet.

But short story - I will also never buy a TP-Link device again, and I will make sure everyone I know does the same.

Options
2022-12-02 21:44:31

@Solla-topee I have RE305 V3, & it is very disapointing that it dosent support ethernet backhaul for the onemesh featuere, as over the wireless connection I am experiencing and speed srop of almost 50-60%. Please add this feature ASAP as that is the only thing missing from this at the moment.

Options
2022-12-04 09:25:24

@Solla-topee thanks for considering this much needed feature. I'm using a RE505X range extender (India). And providing wireless in a dead zone is really crucial. Could you please provide updates with dates so that the community is aware of the changes with a tentative timeline.

Options

Voters 120

+ 116 Voters