OPENVPN works on PC but not on phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-02 05:29:33 - last edited 2021-10-08 13:00:56
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have static ip and I was planning on using the OPENVPN option in my router, I did all the necessary configuration and exported the config file. 

When I use a desktop/laptop to connect it works completely fine, I get the right ip, gateway connected, able to access the devices and the internet through it. 

But when I use the same config file to access ip via my Android device, it shows connected but other than being able to ping the gateway router, nothing else works, nor local access nor internet. 

I tried to check config differences and realized that my desktop was getting a gateway ip when connected to vpn but my cellular device was not. 

Please help, I really need the connection for my phone. Thanks. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OPENVPN works on PC but not on phone-Solution
2021-10-08 12:52:04 - last edited 2021-10-08 13:00:56
Solved. If anybody is having the same issue. Your solution is any of the following. 1. Decrease MTU on your client device. I'd say 1260. Or. 2. Disable IPV6 on your client, (this was my answer to the problem)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:OPENVPN works on PC but not on phone-Solution
2021-10-08 12:52:04 - last edited 2021-10-08 13:00:56
Solved. If anybody is having the same issue. Your solution is any of the following. 1. Decrease MTU on your client device. I'd say 1260. Or. 2. Disable IPV6 on your client, (this was my answer to the problem)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 1

Related Articles