Support for customizing Satellite Deco signal source on X20?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-07 19:44:05 - last edited 2021-10-07 21:55:48
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Is there a beta firmware available to allow this in the same way as the beta firmware that has just been posted for the M5?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Support for customizing Satellite Deco signal source on X20?
2021-10-08 08:19:13

@Tamlaras 

Hi, currently there is no beta firmware for Deco X20 which allows manual signal source selection.

On the latest firmware, there is a new feature added—network optimization.

If you try to optimize the network, will the signal source change to the correct one?

Did you have any issue if Deco does not choose the closest unit as the signal source since sometimes the closest Deco is not always the best?

And you could also have a look at this link:

[Deco] Manual Signal Source Selection

Options
2021-10-08 09:02:01

@TP-Link Thank you for your quick response.

I have tried running Network Optimization but it made no difference.

My main X20-DSL (Study) is at the very front of the house, first X20 in middle of house (Kitchen), second X20 at rear of house (Living Room).

The Kitchen is connected to the Study at full signal strength.

The Living Room has connected to the Study at reduced signal strength rather than connecting to Kitchen.

Regarding the linked article...

I cannot try the recommendation of moving the Living Room further away from the Study as this would mean going outside the property!!!

Options
2021-10-09 03:45:03

@Tamlaras 

Hi, Could you please draw me a picture of the location and distance of each Deco X20 unit?

Please also leave me a screenshot of the signal source strength on the second X20:

Is there any issue with the second X20, like the unstable connection with a red LED?

Options
2021-10-10 15:43:17

@TP_LINK 

Units currently positioned at X, unit in the Kitchen has been tried at position Y but no difference.

No red lights but lower speeds in Living Room.

Options
2021-10-11 09:43:41

@Tamlaras 

Hi, based on the attached speed test results, the speed from 3 different Deco units almost is almost the same(54.3/58.9/59.0 m/s).

I think the living room Deco already chose the correct signal source.

Since due to the working pattern and protocol/regulation of Wi-Fi technology, the more wireless hops, the slower the speed would be.

If the living room Deco is connected to the kitchen, the speed might be not good as that from the main Deco.

Options