Archer C50 - Frequent Internet Disconnection Issue on 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-10 06:53:08 - last edited 2021-10-11 02:36:36
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0001.0 Build 210222 Rel.54113n(4555)

I was using MI 4C router for a couple of years now and had faced absolutely no issues. But since I upgraded my internet plan to 100 MBPS, I needed a faster router. I went with TP Link C50 which was recommended by my ISP. But since the time I bought this, I peace of mind has vanished as I am facing lots of issues.

I spoke to technical support a couple of times too and followed whatever settings was suggested - to choose channel 11 & 40Mhz for 2.4 and channel 44 & 80 Mhz for 5 GHz. I changed DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 as suggested. But this did not solve my issue and till date, no one from TP Link is able to provide a proper solution.

5 GHz seems to work fine on my phones but the 2.4GHz that I connect with my smart TV keeps disconnecting every 30 mins or even less sometimes. SO I have to reboot router everytime to get connected back. This is frustrating and repent for choose TP Link over other brands. Now since flipkart from where I bought is not accepting return, I am left with no solution here. Never expected such poor performance from TP Link that most people boast about. Pathetic technical support who knows nothing more than few settings recommendation.

I hope someone who has solved this issue will be sharing a permanent fix.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C50 - Frequent Internet Disconnection Issue on 2.4GHz
2021-10-10 22:35:08 - last edited 2021-10-11 02:36:36

@KVonSaSh 

Have you tested for wireless interference around you. That could be the reason for 2.4 GHz band dropping so often.

You can grab this software - https://www.metageek.com/products/inssider/

and test, then select the best (least congested) 2.4 GHz band channel for you to choose.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 1

Related Articles