Power Outage on W8961ND resulted in loss of service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-23 06:23:48
Region : Canada

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Start Communications

I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this before so here it goes.

There was a recent power outage in my building, apparently the heat was too much for a transformer down the street, which has resulted in the loss of service on my W8961ND.

Power and LAN lights come on, but accessing the internet, or 192.1678.1.1 result in no access (server not found). (as does 192.168.0.1).
I've tried resetting to factory default, but this doesn't seem to resolve my issues.
I've tried creating a broadband PPPoE connection through windows to no avail.

While looking through Network and Sharing Center there is a caution/red x between the computer and the internet.

Is there a way to regain access? Is my modem pooched? Is it covered by RMA?

--
Windows 7
TD-W8961ND Ver 2.1
Options
2 Reply
Re:Power Outage on W8961ND resulted in loss of service
2013-07-23 13:03:00
Hi.
Maybe you can reset the modem in this mode for a try:
1) Turn off the modem.
2) Use a pin to keep pressing the reset button for 15 seconds, and at the same time, power on the modem.

After that, if you still can not login 192.168.1.1 or ping 192.168.1.1 on the computer, the modem is broken. If your modem is still under warranty in your region, for RMA, you can contact with the shop where you buy this modem or TP-LINK and then double check with them.
Options
Re:Power Outage on W8961ND resulted in loss of service
2013-07-24 06:23:55
ok so some more details...

1) When I turn on the modem only the power LED shows.
2) When I hold the reset button, and power on the 4 LAN LEDs blink once, and whichever connection is used with the computer blinks repeatedly.

So in all yes, I do believe the modem is gone. the modem should still be under warranty, as it was purchased earlier this year. I will try with the vendor tomorrow about a return before I submit an RMA ticket.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 712

Replies: 2