Your phone's IP adress is not in the same subnet as the device you want to manage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Your phone's IP adress is not in the same subnet as the device you want to manage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-12 09:42:16
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been trying hor hours now, I've already set up this device before without issue, but suddenly now when I'm trying to access it via Tether app it's not working. After factory resetting and changing the mode from WiFi extender to LAN extension (which I need) I get the error message as in the Subject. Resetting everything multiple times results in the same error again and again, I get Internet but cannot set anything up like password and more because my phone is locked out. What can I possibly do?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Your phone's IP adress is not in the same subnet as the device you want to manage
2021-10-13 02:48:49

@Ingimar  Hello, 

This error means your mobile phone is not the in the same local network as the range extender.

Try to turn off mobile data on the phone first, and connect phone to range extender's WiFi or router's WiFi, thus phone, range extender, router will be in the same local network.

If same error pops up, can you check what is the IP address on the phone at that time, what is the IP address when connected to router's WiFi, do you have any Internet from extender's WiFi?  How to find IP address on your devices?

Options