Which product to get?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Which product to get?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Which product to get?
Which product to get?
2021-10-15 11:28:55

Hi!

I purchased the following to check it would work and it has done so beautifully;

TP-Link TL-PA8033PKIT AV1300 3-Port Gigabit Passthrough 2x2 MIMO Powerline Adapter Starter Kit

I require 2 additional powerline outlets for a home office and the kitchen, to be added to my existing setup. 

As well as the ethernet ports above, I also require a WiFi extender in the kitchen, as the router doesn't reach that far and we struggle for signal there. Ideally the device plugged into the kitchen would also emit WiFi.

I've tried to work out which products would best achieve this, but I'm not sure which devices work alongside what I already have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ryan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which product to get?
2021-10-21 03:50:14

@Ryan_needs_help Hello, 

If you already have some tp-link powerline units in the house, it is recommended to choose powerline devices with the same powerline speed for the best performance.

So could consider AV1300 with Wi-Fi feature, like Model TL-WPA8630PKIT. It contains: 

• TL-WPA8630P:(wireless unit)
  • TL-PA8010P:(wired unit)

Both units could pair with your current AV1300 and work as extenders, but PA8010P has no Wi-Fi, it could only work as a wired extender. 

Options