Powerline adapter with M9 plus network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-20 11:17:58 - last edited 2021-10-22 05:40:19
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just upgrade my home nnetwork from M5 to M9 plus but it just falls short of covering my whole house. Would it be possible to extend the coverage with a TP Link powerline on the Deco network, if so how do how? thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline adapter with M9 plus network-Solution
2021-10-21 02:36:37 - last edited 2021-10-22 05:40:19

@Cas12

Deco Mesh main system use Wi-Fi or Ethernet to extend network, powerline uses the power grid to transmit the signal, they are two separate systems.

Personally I recommend to use more Decos as extenders as they could build an integrated mesh system. 

While it is still possible to use powerline KIT with Deco as the ordinary extenders, with the main unit wired to Deco, extender unit plugged into wall socket in a different room under the same powerline* under same power meter but powerline units could not join in Deco's Mesh.

Here are some related FAQs that may help:
How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?
What are the differences between different models of Deco?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter with M9 plus network-Solution
2021-10-21 02:36:37 - last edited 2021-10-22 05:40:19

@Cas12

Deco Mesh main system use Wi-Fi or Ethernet to extend network, powerline uses the power grid to transmit the signal, they are two separate systems.

Personally I recommend to use more Decos as extenders as they could build an integrated mesh system. 

While it is still possible to use powerline KIT with Deco as the ordinary extenders, with the main unit wired to Deco, extender unit plugged into wall socket in a different room under the same powerline* under same power meter but powerline units could not join in Deco's Mesh.

Here are some related FAQs that may help:
How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?
What are the differences between different models of Deco?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Powerline adapter with M9 plus network
2021-10-21 15:23:40

@Solla-topee Thanks for your reply, I thought that might be the case, I guess I thought it would be worth a try as an extra single m9 plus is expensive option just add a small extra space to the mesh. The problem I have is that my house was built in 1848 and has really thick stone internal walls. Thanks again

Options
Re:Powerline adapter with M9 plus network
2021-10-22 05:40:12 - last edited 2021-10-22 05:41:00

@Cas12 Glad to help clear things out ,then you could give powerline kit a try.

If the wired speed come into powerline unit is  within 100Mbps, you may consider AV600 with the (100Mbps)Fast Ethernet port. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 3

Related Articles