AV1300 via optical cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AV1300 via optical cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AV1300 via optical cable
AV1300 via optical cable
2021-10-21 11:17:59
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have just purchased this powerline kit in the hope that I could provide wi-fi to my shed which is 30m from the house.

There is already a fibre optic cable with PoE running from the house to the shed and I was hoping I could use.

I plugged the powerline 'transmitter; end into the house socket and the 'receiver' into the shed socket but the wifi is very weak.

Could I use the optical cable to improve things?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV1300 via optical cable
2021-10-25 08:02:43

Hello@Avondale 

I'm afraid power line units could not work with the optical cable, the ' transmitter' or main powerline units need wire to router through Ethernet cable. 

Please confirm the shed and the main building are under the  same power meter, or they could not pair with each other. Considering powerline signal strength loses over distance powerline devices performance in the house extension could be unsatisfactory.  If the extender does not performance good, you may need to consider other ways to extender your network,  like an AP wire to main router through Ethernet cable, and put AP inside the shed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 1