Loosing speed behind Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-31 17:16:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I loose 90% of my internetspeed thru the Decos....why is this?

The Deco itself measures 300-400 Mb/s in
On the Deco wifi I measure 30-40 Mb/s

What can be wrong? I run the Decos as Accespoint.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Loosing speed behind Deco Mesh
2021-10-31 18:20:27

@MaxDECOm9plus 

You say you are running these as Access Point mode, do you have them all cabled into a switch?

If you can post a screenshot of what you are seeing and how you are determining the speed that would help

Thanks

Options
2021-11-01 21:56:28

@Philbert 

Hi,

My primary deco is connected via cable to my gateway, which also provides a wifi network.

when connected to that network I measure internet speed with my phone and get download speeds well above 400Mbit/s

When connected to the wireless provided by the Deco I get less than 10% of that. (see attached picture from speed meas log....first three on deco wifi, meas 4 and 5 on gateway wifi (before deco)

File:
IMG_2606.jpgDownload
Options
2021-11-02 02:56:38 - last edited 2021-11-02 02:59:28

@MaxDECOm9plus 

Hi, how long have you had Deco M9 plus, and did the speed just get slow recently?

Could you please turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco APP and leave the 5ghz only, then test the speed again?

If possible, please refer to this link to use another Deco as the main Deco to have a look:

And Which APP did you use for the speed test?

Did you have any wired client which could be used to test the Ethernet speed from the main Deco M9 plus?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-02 22:46:35

@TP-Link 

Hi

I bought and installed 3 deco units in March this year.

Just recently (2weeksago) I experienced inability to stream HD movies via Wireless to my Apple TV, so I connected that with cable directly to the gateway (before (or parallell to) the Deco main) which solved that problem. But still the wi-fi is dreadfully slow in comparison...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 4

Related Articles