"MAC & IP binding" but conflicting DHCP IP assignment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-06 22:52:11
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

From the "Advanced" menu', I selected the "MAC & IP binding" option and proceeded to enter ALL my wired and wireless devices. I wanted to have reproducible IP addresses: every time, no matter what, a certain device should always get 192.168.1.103.

As soon as I finished, I rebooted and started switching on all the devices, which I had turned off. At this point, I presume that the DHCP of the router started assigning IP addresses, regardless of the "MAC & IP binding" table. I even had two devices getting the same IP.

Of course, devices with a certain MAC address but taking unspecified IP addresses became unresponsive and it was a miracle I managed to regain access to the router via web (and delete most of the bindings).

I found no trace of the DHCP menu. How should I proceed to achieve what I want without the conflicts experienced?

Options
2 Reply
Re:"MAC & IP binding" but conflicting DHCP IP assignment
2021-11-09 09:35:47

@mgiugliano 

Hi, I see there Is a new firmware released on the official websites:

Archer MR600(EU)_V1_210608

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-mr600/v1/#Firmware 

Please try to update to the latest firmware and check whether the issue is still here.

Options
Re:"MAC & IP binding" but conflicting DHCP IP assignment
2021-11-10 11:28:59

@TP-Link Thank you for your reply. It is a quite superficial reaction but thank you anyway.

I notice that - through the Firmware upgrade section of my router - I read:

Firmware version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n
Your firmware is up to date

Therefore the router does not allow me to upgrade automatically. Perhaps it is not compatible with the firmware upgrade you indicated me.

The hardware reference for my router, indicated in the very same web interface firmware update panel, shows Archer MR600 v1 00000001.

Despite your superficial reply, may I still very kindly ask you to cross check again that the firmware you indicated me is appropriate for my router? I think there is no need for me to explain you that should I forcefully flash the firmware with one that is not compatible I will likely "brick" the router. 

Thank you for your patience and for going "an extra mile" in your response to my request of support.

I am looking for your follow up.

Michele

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 210

Replies: 2

Related Articles