Archer T3U won't connect to 5Ghz AX1500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 16:56:37 - last edited 2021-11-08 17:01:08
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm having issues with my Archer T3U - the one that apparently it's know at least since August (that's the first topic which was raised on this issue). It's simple: it hardly connects to the 5Ghz, it has no issues with the 2.4. IF (a very BIG if) connects it functions alright. Otherwise, I keep getting the "can't conenct to the network". 

I'm using windows 11. Tell me what other details are needed. 

Please don't give me the usual "did you update the driver?". Yes, I did, I got it from here https://www.tp-link.com/ro/support/download/archer-t3u/

I've also tried all the channels 

I've also changed the wireless mode to IEEE 802.11ac

Is there really no solution since this issue was first reported months ago? I'm giving this adapter 2 days top, otherwise I'm returning it and getting one from a new manufacturer. 

Thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T3U won't connect to 5Ghz AX1500
2021-11-30 07:31:16 - last edited 2021-11-30 07:36:42

Hello @Cristi107 

Sorry for the late response. Thank you very much also your feedback, there were different cases about issues but some of them are solved by trying different troubleshooting steps.

Here are some tips that you could give a try if you still have this unit: 

1. Change a different 5Ghz channel on router,  36/40/44/48 are recommended

2. Try this chipset driver T3U(Nano/ Plus) and see if it help: 

3. If adapter used to work fine, try to remove WiFi profile, manually put in 5Ghz Wi-Fi password again and reconnect Wi-Fi:

How to connect to wireless networks and remove its profile on Windows 10?

4. Confirm other device could connect to router's 5Ghz network ,e.g. forget 5Ghz Wi-Fi on mobile phone and reconnect to 5Ghz on mobile device

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 1