Internet disappears every 10 - 30 minutes. Takes a long time to connect to internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet disappears every 10 - 30 minutes. Takes a long time to connect to internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 21:46:50 - last edited 2021-11-09 18:14:05
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello! 

So I recently bought Archer T3U. Every 10 - 30 minutes wifi disappears and is unstable. It is mostly good when on 5G, but the problem is that it often disappears. Usually it disappears for 15 seconds - 1 minute. When playing games ping gets very high, when talking on discord it often disconnects me, because wifi disappears. I don't know what to do.

I tried to reinstall drivers. I downloaded drivers from the official website, but still nothing changed. Then I tried downloading drivers from CD that was included, but also no result. Has anyone a solution for this, because it is really hard to use PC when wifi often disappears. Also I did a speedtest by Ookla. The results were (download) 10 Mbps, the highest one was 26 Mbsp.Thanks in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet disappears every 10 - 30 minutes. Takes a long time to connect to internet.
2021-11-10 03:38:17

Hello @Androman777 

Does T3U always use the 5Ghz wifi, if so, yoou could try to fix 5Ghz signal on channel 36/40/44/48.

When 5G Wi-Fi disappears, can you still see other Wi-Fi signals like the signal from your neighbors or router 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi ?

Options
Re:Internet disappears every 10 - 30 minutes. Takes a long time to connect to internet.
2021-11-10 06:22:00

@Solla-topee T3U most of the time uses 5G, only when WiFi disappears and then again appears it 2.4G. but after some time it goes back to 5G. When WiFi disappears I can see other WiFi networks, including the one I am connected to. It says that I am connected, but actually there is none (like for 30 seconds). But still there were some cases were wifi dissapeared and PC couldn't see any other WiFi network.

Options
2021-12-07 08:14:28

Hi @Androman777 

sorry for the late reply, may I know did you try a different 5Ghz channel and see if that make any difference.

Please also confirm PC receive strong WiFI signal, like 3-4 bars, as 5Ghz wifi range is usually shorter compared with 2.4Ghz.

If the same issue persists, you could try this chipset driver and see if that helps improve the performance:

Realtek Chipset Driver forT3U(Nano/ Plus)(Win7/Win10)

If still the same, may I know does other device at the same location has stable 5Ghz wifi from router?

How many WiFI bar on T3U WiFI, can I know the model of router, and have a photo of the Wi-Fi settings on router. Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 732

Replies: 3

Related Articles