Powerline adapers with ip camera & wifi access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-09 22:53:16 - last edited 2021-11-17 11:35:13

Dear all.

I trust there's someone out there who maybe able to help me on this one please as I'm blowed if I can find the answer anywhere? I need to be able to take a few bits of kit around to various churches to allow me (the organist ) to view the pending arrival of the bride or coffin. Previously I have used a network of 2 powerlines, where the IP camera has been plugged into the non-wifi powerline, and the wifi powerline has been used to broadcast the stream to an IOS or Android phone. The SSID of the network is unique and the IP address of the camera is static.  I recall this all used to work nicely on my Android mobile using EagleEyes (as it's an Avtech camera), but now I've moved to IOS I'm blowed if I can get it to work. It certainly doesn't work at home if I piggy-back the hardware onto my home system, and doesn't want to work if I plug the hardware on any other network. So anyone please give me some pointers how to make a simple system with the minimal amount of kit, work at home, unplug and work anywhere else with the minimum of reconfiguration please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline adapers with ip camera & wifi access-Solution
2021-11-17 11:27:09 - last edited 2021-11-17 11:35:13

@Solla-topee Many thanks for the replies.

In the end the solution was straightforward. Ensure the camera has a fixed IP address. But also ensure that the device viewing it also has a static IP address and on the same network.

In my case I gave the wifi powerline an SSID of CCTV, then allocated either IOS device the same subnet mask and router. Now I can transplant the powerlines & camera to any location, login to the CCTV network and bingo!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Powerline adapers with ip camera & wifi access
2021-11-11 06:39:01 - last edited 2021-11-11 06:39:40

Hello @oxrecs 

Thank you for your detailed post, but I have some questions with your request: 

May I know do you use a tp-link power line Kit in the church before:

For ' Previously I have used a network of 2 powerlines, where the IP camera has been plugged into the non-wifi powerline, and the wifi powerline has been used to broadcast the stream to an IOS or Android phone. The SSID of the network is unique and the IP address of the camera is static. ' 

Does camera get internet at that time, does Andriod phone stream camera over internet? Do you have a Wi-Fi router in your network to assign IP address? 

Options
2021-11-11 08:42:27

Dear @Solla-topee 

I think I previously used Solwise when there was no router in the building. It's sometime ago and I've forgotten! However, both powerlines are TP-Link and there is a router in the network. Am not using Android only IOS. Not using router for IP address, static IP assigned to camera. Please note that the aim of this exercise is to plugin the three items in any building and it works! Thanks.

Options
2021-11-17 09:57:06 - last edited 2021-11-17 10:20:06

Hello @oxrecs 

Sorry for the late reply.  If the mobile phone  could access camera through local network (depended on the Camera app on your iPhone) you could try to set up a topology like this: 

• Wired PLC <Ethernet>Camera ( static IP in 192.168.0.X )
  • Wireless PLC <Wireless > Mobile phone (connect to PLC's Wi-Fi,  in 192.168.0.X subnet) 

If Powerline KIT was in paired status, after being relocated to a different location, most of the time kit could automatically pair to each other automatically (make sure device are paired under the same powerline/ same power meter) .If you need some recommendation, either tp-link powerline KIT could do that, like model TL-WPA4220KIT. 

Options
Re:Powerline adapers with ip camera & wifi access-Solution
2021-11-17 11:27:09 - last edited 2021-11-17 11:35:13

@Solla-topee Many thanks for the replies.

In the end the solution was straightforward. Ensure the camera has a fixed IP address. But also ensure that the device viewing it also has a static IP address and on the same network.

In my case I gave the wifi powerline an SSID of CCTV, then allocated either IOS device the same subnet mask and router. Now I can transplant the powerlines & camera to any location, login to the CCTV network and bingo!

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-17 11:34:58 - last edited 2021-11-17 11:35:09

@oxrecs That sounds great, thank you for update the solution here~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 691

Replies: 5

Related Articles