Connecting a range extender to LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-13 12:15:39 - last edited 2021-12-09 09:29:26
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have CAT6 wires from my Archer C80 to some points at home. I would like to extend my wifi reception, but still use the same SSID + use the strength of my LAN rather than just using a full wifi-mesh solution.  I see that my Archer can connect to OneMesh devices and the RE450 is one of them, for example. Will I be able to connect the RE450 to LAN (which mean it will receive interment from the Archer by wire and not wireless) ?

Are there any other device that are might be more suitable for my purpose (which in short connecting the Archer with a wire to another device, and recieve wifi connect from the new device with the same SSID as the Archer's) ?

Thanks for the help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting a range extender to LAN-Solution
2021-11-17 01:31:07 - last edited 2021-12-09 09:29:26

Hello @m.f 

We have an FAQ that could help answer this question: Q5. Can the OneMesh™ products support the Ethernet backhaul?

Several questions about the OneMesh and Mesh

If you are looking for other network expansion/ Mesh solutions, we have a thread that should be able to help: 
[Range Extender Feature Request] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting a range extender to LAN-Solution
2021-11-17 01:31:07 - last edited 2021-12-09 09:29:26

Hello @m.f 

We have an FAQ that could help answer this question: Q5. Can the OneMesh™ products support the Ethernet backhaul?

Several questions about the OneMesh and Mesh

If you are looking for other network expansion/ Mesh solutions, we have a thread that should be able to help: 
[Range Extender Feature Request] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 1

Related Articles